Inne informacje z forów (trochę chaotyczne...)
the best dive spots off Cuba- Jardines de la Reina came up trumps along with Isla de la Juventad, Maria La Gorda
I went diving near Cienfuegos... There are a couple of hotels/resorts just south of the city and I did a few dives with them even though I didn't stay at the resort...I think it was called Playa Rancho Luna. The dives and equipment were decent. There is a great Casa Particular near by too if you want a B&B style place with fantastic food. The place is called Finca Los Colorados. www.cuba-junky.com/cienfuegos/casa_finca_los_colorados.html
1. Guajamico - a French resort near Trinidad. The diving there is really nice, and setting very idyllic.
2. Bay of Pigs - great shore dives, with dramatic walls.
You can go snorkeling at Giron or Playa Larga.
www.cuba-junky.com/matanzas/varadero_casa_particular.html - apartamenty (= apartments)
www.cubisima.com/renta/anuncios/ - wynajem pokoi, apartamentów
casa particular - typ noclegu B&B u rodziny, kwatery prywatne (something like B&B, staying at a family)
www.casaparticular.com/ - noclegi
tytuł forum - "Tips traveling cheap in Cuba (from an American who backpacked 30 days)" - www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=139&post=7996998 (trzeba mieć tam profil, aby czytać forum)
- I enjoy a lot snorkeling and free diving. One of my favorite places for snorkeling is in Punta Perdiz, between Playa Larga and Playa Girón. There is an entrance at the km 50 on that road which is no special installation or diving center, but just great place for snorkeling. Just jump into the water and in few meters you will find corals and fishes.
Then, there is a diving center in front of "Cueva d los Peces", also on the way to Playa Girón from Playa Larga. I never have dived there but other travallers have done it and told me about sunk ship and so on.
- Then, between Matanzas and Habana in the Bacunayagua bridge there is a good point for snorkeling, in Canasí as well. But not diving Center
Then, even in Habana, in Playas del este, at the end of Guanabo, just in Brisas del Mar, there is a nice coral reef worthy to visit in Havana. The problem is that to reach it you have to swimm more than 1km... something more for local people like me :))
María la Gorda is famous for it´s diving center and also in Cayo Jutías and Guanahacabibes there are good places for snorkeling.
Renting the car in Santiago and coming to Havana slowly, visiting may be some cayos in the north and then coming to the south in Matanzas heading to Playa Giron to do some diving on the way and then to continue o Maria la Gorda...
- Maria la Gorda is maybe the best snorkeling and diving place in Cuba, but very remote and it can be difficult to get there. Public transport to this place can be difficult : But Havantour or Cuba tour in Vinalez can often set up a mini bus to Maria la Gorda. If it has rained a lot and the roads are little destroyed, can this place only be reach with a jeep or a truck.
- Maria la Gorda is only a beach with a hotel and can maybe be a boring place to stay at night. maybe other diving places in Cuba should be more interesting to visit, since they also have some kind of nightlife too, and are not so remote and difficult tot reach as Maria la Gorda...
- If you are tough enough, can you feed sharks at Playa Santa Lucia , north of Camaguey. Yes, they have a special diving program where you can feed bullshark .Very scary has some said about that experience..
- I have been in Cuba in may and I can recommend the following:
for diving and snorkling: Caya Jutias, Varadero, Bay of pigs
I will recommend to stay in Casa particulars to live with native people and experience firendly lovely Cuban style of life. It is much more cheaper than hotels and you can get more closer to Cuban culture and get advice from natives
I don't think that you can stay in public places. you can stay in Havana at "Casa Lisette and Orlando´s" or in Cienfuegos at "Casa Norma". I have been in these places. I can say that people are really lovely. take a look at following links:
even you can find places directly in Cuba without any reservation. the Price for each room depend an the city and place varies from 5 to 35 CUC. you can get brealfast or dinner for extra 4 to 9 CUC
1) What regions of your country can you recommend to enjoy underwater world? La Habana Pinar del Rio Holguín 2 and 3) Which towns, villages, beaches? In Havana, I recommend Marina Hemmingway, is a good place for scuba diving. In Pinar del Rio, is Maria La Gorda (the best in Cuba). in Holguin, there are few places, but I would go with Guardalavaca beach, one of the best beaches in Cuba 4) Which places of accommodation can you recommend? Where to look for them? Any links to websites? I make this website few years ago, we help people with find accomodation in all the cities in Cuba. You can check it here: livingcuba.com, you will get response in less than 12 hours.
- Isla de la Juventud, a litter isle of suth Havana, the center name International Diving Center "Colony" there is a hotel too for the costumer, and I lisen that the diving cost 70 CUC(Dollar) and the hotel rent 40 CUC.
the other place are around the contry, varadero, La Havana, and in all the best Hotel like, Cayo Largo del Sur, Cayo Coco, Cayo Santamaría......
www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php - ogólne forum o nurkowaniu (= general forum about diving)
www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-caribbean-bermuda/ - m.in. o Kubie
www.cubadiving.org/ - nurkowanie i hotele na Kubie (= diving and hotels in Cuba)
www.cuba-diving.de/DIVE-CUBA/DIVING_PLACES_CUBA/Islands_-_South/Isle_of_Youth/hauptteil_isle_of_youth.html - nurkowanie i hotele na Kubie (= diving and hotels in Cuba)
www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1875106 - forum Best place for snorkeling in Cuba
- Find in pdt and dow