Dodaj do ulubionych

Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merchandise

18.03.06, 23:56
www.cafepress.com/flipoland
Obserwuj wątek
      • usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP mercha 19.03.06, 13:27
        minimus napisał:

> gr8 stuff! but why r the prices in dollars?? and what dollars r they?

The reason that it's in dollars is that it's powered by cafepress.com, a US
        enterprise. Anyone with an idea can make a shop at cafepress.

If there were a Polish equivalent I would have preferred to use them, but I
        don't know of one of the same calibre. There's a loophole for any enterprising
        person in this country who knows the short-run printing business and has good
        internet skills.

Having purchased other people's stuff a couple of times on there and been happy
        with the quality (although I will say that the postage takes a while to get
        over here) I chose to experiment a bit with them for myself.

They basically do it all and you simply provide the designs, etc, which are
        printed on the stuff. You can make a bit of a margin, which in the case of this
        store is 2 dollars per item which I will put on the table for drinks if
        anything is sold, of course, when we finally get a decent sized meeting
        together.

The other reason for having this merchandise is for competition prizes if we
        start to have competitions on here, which again can be funded out of any
        profits it makes, and of course buying and wearing/using stuff with our logo on
        will attract more readers and participants to our group.
        • ejmarkow Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 23.03.06, 07:35
          usenetposts napisał:

> Thanks! If people buy some of the stuff, then I'll have something to buy a
          > few nice bottles to bring along if we do that big meet at your place that
          > you've been talking about!

Dave, don't laugh at me...yet! I haven't been back to New York City since June,
          2002 and all four of my credit cards have already expired. smile So, if I do buy
          one of those FlIP shirts, would it be ok for me to deposit the cost plus
          shipping into an account of yours (or somebody elses) via post office? About
          the meeting at my place, I'm very serious about it. The only thing that worries
          me is the turnout. You earlier mentioned that very few people showed up for the
          last meeting, and it was located in Warsaw where most of you reside.
          Regardless, I'm an optimist and I hope to see a nice showing if possible. Any
          suggestions for your next meeting in Warsaw, and the one at my place, or any
          other agreeable location? How about this: when it ever does get warmer (It
          still looks like mid-winter here with all the snow, ice, and clouds), what
          about a type of sports gathering picnic (baseball, frisbee football, mini golf,
          tennis) in the day and then cafe at night, or something similar, in Warsaw? I
          realize it's a large undertaking. Hey, Spring (calendar wise) is here and I'm
          motivated.

Cheers,

Eugene

Best Regards,

Eugene
          Siemiechow, Poland
          www.geocities.com/ejmarkow/siemiechow
          • usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 23.03.06, 13:23
            Eugene, I ain't laughing. If you invite, I will come. I want someone else to
            organise it, because my attempts so far have not been very successful, so I'm
            beginning to think it might not be my strong point.

If you want a shirt and you've got no card, then I can get it arranged for you,
            and you can give me the cost of it later on when I see you.

Just let me know what you want, including the size, and I'll sort it all out.
            • ejmarkow Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 25.03.06, 08:29
              usenetposts napisał:

> Eugene, I ain't laughing. If you invite, I will come. I want someone else to
              > organise it, because my attempts so far have not been very successful, so I'm
              > beginning to think it might not be my strong point.
              >
              > If you want a shirt and you've got no card, then I can get it arranged for
              you,
              >
              > and you can give me the cost of it later on when I see you.
              >
              > Just let me know what you want, including the size, and I'll sort it all out.

Thanks for the offer Dave! I think you did very well in organizing. Only, you
              had the unpleasant weather and timing issues against you. I'm sure once it
              becomes warmer, it will be much easier.

Cheers,

Eugene
              • usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 25.03.06, 14:03
                ejmarkow napisał:

> usenetposts napisał:
                >
                > > Eugene, I ain't laughing. If you invite, I will come. I want someone else
                > to
                > > organise it, because my attempts so far have not been very successful, so
                > I'm
                > > beginning to think it might not be my strong point.
                > >
                > > If you want a shirt and you've got no card, then I can get it arranged fo
                > r
                > you,
                > >
                > > and you can give me the cost of it later on when I see you.
                > >
                > > Just let me know what you want, including the size, and I'll sort it all
                > out.
                >
                >
                > Thanks for the offer Dave! I think you did very well in organizing. Only, you
                > had the unpleasant weather and timing issues against you. I'm sure once it
                > becomes warmer, it will be much easier.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Eugene

Let's hope so, Eugene. another thing is, that now that this group is more
                settled and people are really getting to know each other more, they will be
                more tempted to go for the face - to - face option.
            • ejmarkow Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 09.04.06, 22:06
              usenetposts napisał:

> If you want a shirt and you've got no card, then I can get it arranged for
              > you, and you can give me the cost of it later on when I see you.
              >
              > Just let me know what you want, including the size, and I'll sort it all out.

Ok, Dave, I would like to place an order. Here is my order:

One (1) Foreigners Living in Poland Ash Grey T-Shirt, Medium size, for $16.99
              and
              One (1) Foreigners Living in Poland Cap, Khaki color, for $14.99
              and
              Two (2) Foreigners Living in Poland Stickers (Bumper) for $2.99 each

Sub-Total: $37.96
              S/H: $12.00
              Total: $49.96

Please check the total price again so I can deposit the eqivalent amount of
              Polish zloty (please provide me with the rate you would like to use) into your
              account. I could really use a nice hat for the summer. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Eugene
              Siemiechow, Poland

• usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 09.04.06, 22:19
                ejmarkow napisał:

> usenetposts napisał:
                >
                > > If you want a shirt and you've got no card, then I can get it arranged fo
                > r
                > > you, and you can give me the cost of it later on when I see you.
                > >
                > > Just let me know what you want, including the size, and I'll sort it all
                > out.
                >
                > Ok, Dave, I would like to place an order. Here is my order:
                >
                > One (1) Foreigners Living in Poland Ash Grey T-Shirt, Medium size, for $16.99
                > and
                > One (1) Foreigners Living in Poland Cap, Khaki color, for $14.99
                > and
                > Two (2) Foreigners Living in Poland Stickers (Bumper) for $2.99 each
                >
                > Sub-Total: $37.96
                > S/H: $12.00
                > Total: $49.96
                >
                > Please check the total price again so I can deposit the eqivalent amount of
                > Polish zloty (please provide me with the rate you would like to use) into
                your
                > account. I could really use a nice hat for the summer. Thanks again!
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Eugene
                > Siemiechow, Poland
                >
                >

Eugene, remind me of your address again so that I can get it sent straight to
                you from the States where they print the goods to order. Better send that to my
                priv here or to piorokrat"at"autograf.pl

The alternative is for me to get the stuff delivered here and then send it on
                to you, but that's just gonna take longer.
                • ejmarkow Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 09.04.06, 22:51
                  kylie1 napisała:

> Don't forget to model it for us and send us a picture with you in that T-
                  shirt
                  > and hat.
                  >
                  > I didn't know Dave wants it in Polish zl?...

Kylie,

I'll do pushups for one week so that my biceps are slightly bulging and some
                  situps to bring the stomach in a bit. Then, I'll wear my bicycle shorts, with
                  my t-shirt and hat. Any other advice? I still think that Dave should pose for
                  everyone first though. I'm too shy. Are you making a FLIP member calendar by
                  any chance? smile

Cheers,

Eugene

• kylie1 Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 10.04.06, 05:56
                    You've got nothing to be shy about, Eugene! Put on your "stylish Flip
                    merchandise" and show it all off. Place some ruras in the background and your
                    muddy boots in the foreground to add a natural frame. Tense your muscles, get
                    yourself in that tough guy posture and go for the "I mean business" look. Think
                    to yourself:

"You'd better give me a deal on those wooden windows or you will see one of
                    those ruras over your head, buddy!"

A few ideas for the FLIP calendar:

January: Eugene in his classy "foreigners in Poland outfit", bovines and church
                    in the background. Eugene standing next to a village girl with sizable curves.

February: Dave shaking hands with Gorbachev. First class restaurant in the
                    background.

March: Varsovian scooping dog turds from his property and catapulting them over
                    the fence where they belong. Use a fast speed shutter to capture details.

I am out of ideas for now...

smile
                      • usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 10.04.06, 12:23
                        kylie1 napisała:

> April: Janek outside Radio Maryja with a semi automatic waiting for Ksiadz
                        > Rydzyk to come out.

I'd save him for August - pilgrimage month! He could be waiting in Czestochowa
                        and when the triptych opened and people were expecting to see the black
                        madonna, they could see him with army paint on his face nursing an AK forty-
                        whateveritis, instead.
                        • kylie1 Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 10.04.06, 21:10
                          > I'd save him for August - pilgrimage month!

Very good then. You can be in charge of sorting the months out.

An idea for Michael (hardenfelt)

Mike right outside Media Markt with his fancy shmancy new Pentium D computer,
                          19 inch flat screen and a 40 GB Sony Walkman! Make sure you can see Media Markt
                          in the back of him. Big grin on his face and a little speech balloon
                          saying "That's where smart shoppers shop!"

What month Dave?

• hallie Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 11.04.06, 14:24
                            Russ, approachable and friendly smile, holding a hard hat (property developer)
                            and a tutor hat (teacher)?

Maggie with a camera, a packet of 20 Bensons and a packet of salt and vinegar
                            crisps outside Fabryka Trzciny, poster of 1978 chart-topping band on the wall.

Kylie on a tropical beach hiding her oversized frame behind a blow up whale or
                            crocodile/lizard. A cool box filled with cans of beer at hand. Hope you don't
                            burp in the photo. Tak nie wypada wink

Ms.Jones (me) hiding my elongated (6'2")frame in the Med, some olive trees and
                            pine trees in the shot please. Greek salad, grilled fish and veg and cold water
                            on the table if there is one.
                            You can see me in the wizytowka smile
                    • usenetposts Re: Here's your chance to get stylish FLIP merch! 10.04.06, 12:16
                      kylie1 napisała:

> You've got nothing to be shy about, Eugene! Put on your "stylish Flip
                      > merchandise" and show it all off. Place some ruras in the background and your
                      > muddy boots in the foreground to add a natural frame. Tense your muscles, get
                      > yourself in that tough guy posture and go for the "I mean business" look.
                      Think
                      >
                      > to yourself:
                      >
                      > "You'd better give me a deal on those wooden windows or you will see one of
                      > those ruras over your head, buddy!"
                      >
                      > A few ideas for the FLIP calendar:
                      >
                      > January: Eugene in his classy "foreigners in Poland outfit", bovines and
                      church
                      >
                      > in the background. Eugene standing next to a village girl with sizable curves.
                      >
                      > February: Dave shaking hands with Gorbachev. First class restaurant in the
                      > background.
                      >
                      > March: Varsovian scooping dog turds from his property and catapulting them
                      over
                      >
                      > the fence where they belong. Use a fast speed shutter to capture details.
                      >
                      > I am out of ideas for now...
                      >
                      > smile

Well the poet Eliot said "April is the cruellest month" so maybe something for
                      Waldek could be done for that one.

May would suit Maggie, after all there is the song, Maggie May.

Nie pamiętasz hasła

lub ?

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się

Nakarm Pajacyka