gelatik
04.05.02, 15:12
The Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem has so far received the names of 4,000
Israelis believed to have been in the areas of the World Trade Center and the
Pentagon at the time of the attack. (The headline and first sentence of the
Jerusalem Post article) (33)
When George Bush made his speech before Congress, it turns out that he made a
significant error other than saying that the WTC attackers did it because
they “hated freedom.” Bush made a point to say that in addition to thousands of
Americans, 130 Israelis died in the WTC. The implication was to say that Israel
shared in our suffering, and that we and Israel are in this thing together.
Upon hearing the number of 130 Israeli dead, it seemed suspiciously low to me.
If 4000 Israelis were at the WTC and the WTC death toll was about 4500 (about
10 percent of the 45,000 people normally in the buildings at that time), the
Israeli toll should have statistically been around 400 and not 130.
As a place for doing business and for employment, the world Trade Center was
not a minimum wage or a MacDonald’s kind of place; it had highly paid, high
tech and high level jobs and executive positions primarily in international
finance, banking and stock trading. I asked myself how there could be only 130
Israelis dead, while there were an estimated 199 dead from Columbia and 428
from the Philippines?
In previous articles I wrote on the September 11 terror, I did not allude to
these suspicions, because I have always taken pride in not writing anything I
could not firmly substantiate. But, while researching this article on Israeli
terrorism against Palestine and America, I discovered the most shocking fact I
have ever run across in all my years of research and writing. I discovered a
simple fact that has enormous ramifications in regard to the September terror
attack.
Searching through hundreds of articles trying to track down the true Israeli
death toll, I found a New York Times piece that clarified the precise number of
Israelis who died in the World Trade Center attack. It turned out that of the
130 Israelis President Bush claimed had died in the World Trade Center, 129 of
them were still alive. Only one Israeli had actually died. I was
incredulous. “Good God,” I said to myself, “only one Israeli!” Here is the
pertinent excerpt from the NY Times:
But interviews with many consulate officials Friday suggested that the lists of
people they were collecting varied widely in their usefulness. For example, the
city had somehow received reports of many Israelis feared missing at the site,
and President Bush in his address to the country on Thursday night mentioned
that about 130 Israelis had died in the attacks.
But Friday, Alon Pinkas, Israel's consul general here, said that lists of the
missing included reports from people who had called in because, for instance,
relatives in New York had not returned their phone calls from Israel. There
were, in fact, only three Israelis who had been confirmed as dead: two on the
planes and another who had been visiting the towers on business and who was
identified and buried. (New York Times, Sept. 22) (34)
The very low death toll of 130 suggested that a number of Israelis at the Trade
Center had been warned before the attack. When I found out the truth that only
one Israeli had died, there could be no doubt that there had been a prior
warning for many Israelis. Having only one Israeli casualty among the 4500 dead
at the WTC is simply a statistical impossibility. Even if the Israeli Foreign
Ministry and the Jerusalem Post had grossly overestimated the number of
Israelis in the World Trade Center by say 3,000 (400 percent), there still
should have still been 1,000 Israelis there at the time of the attacks. Again,
even if only a few hundred Israelis were present at the time of the attack,
only one Israeli death occurring there is statistically absurd. Either
September 11 had to be a big Jewish holiday, or a number of Israeli citizens
had some advance warning of the impending attack.