Dodaj do ulubionych

"poganiacz niewolników" in English

31.10.04, 12:50
I haven't read any slave novels in English, so I'll appreciate if you tell me
what expression I may use for that.

NF
Obserwuj wątek
    • eirinn Re: "poganiacz niewolników" in English 31.10.04, 13:00
      Slave driver.
    • i.nes Re: "poganiacz niewolników" in English 31.10.04, 13:15
      The plantations were run by overseers.

      << In 1860 it was calculated that about 88 per cent of America's slave-owners
      owned twenty slaves or less. However, large landowners would usually own well
      over 100 slaves and relied heavily on overseers to run their plantations. These
      overseers were under considerable pressure from the plantation owners to
      maximize profits. They did this by bullying the slaves into increasing
      productivity. The punishments used against slaves judged to be under-performing
      included the use of the cart-whip. Not surprisingly the mortality-rate amongst
      the slaves was high. Studies have shown that over a four-year period, up to 30
      per cent of the slave population in America died.>>
      • nie_fanka Re: "poganiacz niewolników" in English 31.10.04, 14:49
        Thanks a lot, that's what I've been looking for.

        NF

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się


Nakarm Pajacyka