Dodaj do ulubionych

Polish Diploma in the USA

01.05.05, 05:59
Hello,
I would like to study journalism in Poland. The problem is I dont know if the
degree I will get will be good in the USA. Does anyone know how I can find
this out? OR can anyone help me?
Obserwuj wątek
    • dawid.kingloff Re: Polish Diploma in the USA 03.05.05, 02:17
      What do you want to do after college in the States? Just work as a journalist
      or go for a Ph.D.? In the latter case that "degree thing" oughtn't to be a
      problem but I'm not sure about the first one. I'm just not familiar with
      American red tape (It's not as bad as European, however).
      You can ask here as well:

      usenet.gazeta.pl/usenet/0,48200.html?group=alt.pl.usa
      Just be careful, this group has a tendency to attract real jerks. :)
      • axxolotl Re: Polish Diploma in the USA 03.05.05, 03:37
        I second David. If you want to go to graduate schoold in the US (either for
        your Master's or Ph.d), your degree from Poland should be OK. If you want to
        be 100% sure, send an email to a few universities in the States and ask them.
        Universities in the States (and Canada and a few other countries) are student-
        oriented (or rather cu$tomer-oriented) so they will happily respond to you.

        If you want to find a job in the US with your Polish diploma...that's a
        different story. In most cases it's the experience that matters, not the
        diploma/degree. It's nice to have one, but most employers are more interested
        in your experience (paid or voluntary) than in the documents hanging on your
        wall (or collecting dust under the bed).

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się


Nakarm Pajacyka