Dodaj do ulubionych

christmas crackers

20.12.06, 15:23
can you buy any in warsaw?
Obserwuj wątek
    • waldek1610 Re: christmas crackers 23.12.06, 06:19
      nasza_maggie napisała:

> can you buy any in warsaw?

And what do you need christmas crakers for? You didn't use them growing up in
      Communist Poland, so there's no reason why you would need them now smile
        • waldek1610 why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time? 24.12.06, 09:09
          Maggie,
          Honestly, your every post sees to be about stuff that has nothing to do with
          Poland, nor people conected somehow with that country. Reading your posts I
          fill as if I was not on Gazeta.pl, but the BBC.uk forums.....

It's as if some American guy kept comming to our forum, and talking about
          American football.....which most people here seems to care nothing about.

Why do you keep bringing up British subject, that have no clear connection with
          Poland?
            • waldek1610 Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 24.12.06, 13:08
              As far as I'm concerned "Maggie" is form Warsaw, Poland she was born grew up,
              and she lives now in Polish capital. I see no reason why would she fell a need
              to act so British? I just think it's somewhat tacky, when Polish women pretends
              to be more British then Brits themeselves.

I think Davie, seems less English... then Nasza_Madzia smile
                    • chris-joe Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 26.12.06, 23:57
                      You're not hoping in vain, waldek. No such things up my sleeve. Just curious.

Only a month ago or so I was looking at those suburbs from the window of the
                      train from O'Hare. Just a day's worth lay-over on our way to Brazil.

Say, there was this scaled down knock-off of Warsaw's Zamek Krolewski somewhere
                      along the tracks. Know anything about that?
                      • waldek1610 Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 29.12.06, 08:00
                        chris-joe napisał:

> You're not hoping in vain, waldek. No such things up my sleeve. Just
                        > curious.
                        > Only a month ago or so I was looking at those suburbs from the window of the
                        > train from O'Hare. Just a day's worth lay-over on our way to Brazil.

There's nothing negative about far western suburbs of Chicago where I live.

> Say, there was this scaled down knock-off of Warsaw's Zamek Krolewski
                        > somewhere along the tracks. Know anything about that?

That is the "Copernicus Center" which consists many qualities, despite being a
                        knock off. It has a large stage, and its interiors remind the La Scalla rather
                        then a provintial stage smile
              • usenetposts Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 25.12.06, 02:23
                waldek1610 napisał:

> As far as I'm concerned "Maggie" is form Warsaw, Poland she was born grew up,
                > and she lives now in Polish capital. I see no reason why would she fell a
                need
                > to act so British? I just think it's somewhat tacky, when Polish women
                pretends
                >
                > to be more British then Brits themeselves.
                >
                > I think Davie, seems less English... then Nasza_Madzia smile

I certainly do here
                www.huliganov.com
                but I could be accused of doing for the Russkies what Maggie does for the Brits!
                • waldek1610 Davie's Borat is better Madzia "Maggie" Brityjka:) 25.12.06, 06:39
                  usenetposts napisał:

> I certainly do here
                  > www.huliganov.com
                  > but I could be accused of doing for the Russkies what Maggie does for the
                  > Brits!

I prefer your impression of Russkie, then Madzia's impression of English
                  woman smile

Yeah, I think you're only one step behind Sasha Baron Cohen's Borat smile Keep it
                  up!

• waldek1610 Re: Davie's Borat is better Madzia "Maggie" Brity 26.12.06, 11:25
                      usenetposts napisał:

> I would be very intrigued to know how a Polish lady like Maggie would perform
                      > a spoof Englishwoman. It might actually be very good box-office.

she doesn't have to pretend it comes to her naturally, beceaus she believes
                      that she is actually English. At least listening to what she has to say here,
                      you could be not mistaken that she is British smile

I have a feeling that Nasza_Madzia reading this is getting an instant
                      orgasm...sorry for graphic description.... smile
          • usenetposts Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 25.12.06, 02:21
            waldek1610 napisał:

> Maggie,
            > Honestly, your every post sees to be about stuff that has nothing to do with
            > Poland, nor people conected somehow with that country. Reading your posts I
            > fill as if I was not on Gazeta.pl, but the BBC.uk forums.....
            >
            > It's as if some American guy kept comming to our forum, and talking about
            > American football.....which most people here seems to care nothing about.
            >
            > Why do you keep bringing up British subject, that have no clear connection
            with
            >
            > Poland?

I will never understand why some people get so upset at the special
            relationship that exists between the UK and Poland. It's not going to go away.
            I know for example that they got so upset that the defense minister Radek
            Sikorski had a UK passport that they made him turn it in last week and renounce
            his UK citizenship, but I understand he still has portraits of HM Queen
            Elizabeth II up in his house and still dresses a lot more British than most of
            us do.

If some Poles like the British way, where's the harm in that?
            • waldek1610 Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 25.12.06, 06:28
              usenetposts napisał:

> I will never understand why some people get so upset at the special
              > relationship that exists between the UK and Poland. It's not going to go
              > away.

You are missing the point Davie, I do not mind British folks at all, to the
              contrary I fill a lot more sympathy to Brits then Germans for example. What I'm
              bashing Nasza_Maggie for is not that she picked up some English customs after
              living in UK, but because she acts "all British" now, even when you talk to her
              about some Polish issues, she seems totally indiferent and represents 100%
              foreing views.

> I know for example that they got so upset that the defense minister
              > Radek Sikorski had a UK passport that they made him turn it in last week and
              > renounce his UK citizenship, but I understand he still has portraits of HM
              > Queen Elizabeth II up in his house and still dresses a lot more British than
              > most of us do.

Radek Sikorski is one of the few if not the only Polish politician who I don't
              feel I need to be ashamed of as far as his good manners and the class he
              represents goes. I wish all polish statesman followed his lead it this regard.
              Still can you blame those who don't lie the fact that Polish defence minister
              has a foreign passport? Can you imagine what would Brits say if Jack Straw had
              Ukrainian citizenship? smile

> If some Poles like the British way, where's the harm in that?

Yes, I agree, but Madzia seems to overdoing it, don't you think? Don't you feel
              ackward when you meet a Pole that is more British then you are?
              • usenetposts Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 25.12.06, 21:29

waldek1610 napisał:

> usenetposts napisał:
                >
                > > I will never understand why some people get so upset at the special
                > > relationship that exists between the UK and Poland. It's not going to go
                >
                > > away.
                >
                > You are missing the point Davie, I do not mind British folks at all, to the
                > contrary I fill a lot more sympathy to Brits then Germans for example. What
                I'm
                >
                > bashing Nasza_Maggie for is not that she picked up some English customs after
                > living in UK, but because she acts "all British" now, even when you talk to
                her
                >
                > about some Polish issues, she seems totally indiferent and represents 100%
                > foreing views.
                >

Maybe they are her views. There is nothing to say that Poles have to all agree
                with each other. It's a nationality, not a test-tube with cloned embrayers in
                it.

>
                > > I know for example that they got so upset that the defense minister
                > > Radek Sikorski had a UK passport that they made him turn it in last week
                > and
                > > renounce his UK citizenship, but I understand he still has portraits of H
                > M
                > > Queen Elizabeth II up in his house and still dresses a lot more British t
                > han
                > > most of us do.
                >
                >
                > Radek Sikorski is one of the few if not the only Polish politician who I
                don't
                > feel I need to be ashamed of as far as his good manners and the class he
                > represents goes. I wish all polish statesman followed his lead it this regard.

Hear, hear. Maybe you are closer to agreeing with Maggie than you realise.

> Still can you blame those who don't lie the fact that Polish defence minister
                > has a foreign passport? Can you imagine what would Brits say if Jack Straw
                had
                > Ukrainian citizenship? smile
                >

The Ukraine is a country that needs to get its act together. They need people
                like Straw, who has a reasonable degree of integrity. However, people of
                integrity are not lasting five minutes in that system, and I am just wondering
                how this Polish-Ukrainian partnership over the football is going to work out. I
                fear a fiasco for Poland due to the difficulty in co-operating with ex-Soviet
                mentalities.

>
                >
                > > If some Poles like the British way, where's the harm in that?
                >
                > Yes, I agree, but Madzia seems to overdoing it, don't you think? Don't you
                feel
                >
                > ackward when you meet a Pole that is more British then you are?
                >

I always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I happen to know
                the geography of Poland because my job involves a lot if travel a lot better
                than most Poles do, and I also happen to spell Polish pretty faultlessly - I
                might choose inappropriate words or get the grammar wrong, but if I know how a
                word sounds I can spell it because I know Russian, and the cognate contains a
                clue as to whether something is ż or rz, or o or ó, etc.

And I never found a single Pole ever get into a complex over it, except once in
                Duesseldorf, when I told a Pole we had met that after living so many years in
                his country, and him so many years in Germany, I was probably more Polish than
                he was now.

At which point he flared up and said he was born there, and that's what counts.
                It seemed like a spatial version of astrology to me. But there you go. He had
                no intention to go there, he's never paid a penny's tax there, he only knows
                the language because of his parents, but he was born there. I don't know what
                you can do with thickos like that except agree with them. So I agreed that on
                the face of it he was more Polish than me after all.
                • waldek1610 Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 26.12.06, 11:20
                  usenetposts napisał:

> The Ukraine is a country that needs to get its act together. They need people
                  > like Straw, who has a reasonable degree of integrity. However, people of
                  > integrity are not lasting five minutes in that system, and I am just
                  > wondering how this Polish-Ukrainian partnership over the football is going to
                  > work out. I fear a fiasco for Poland due to the difficulty in co-operating
                  > with ex-Soviet mentalities.

Sure, but ex-soviets propably think that integrity is bad characteristic, which
                  is not going to get you anywhere...in post soviet republic. I somehow believe
                  that Euro football Championship in Poland-Ukraine going to happen...I hold my
                  thumbs.

> I always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

hmmm, considering you imitate Russians with your Victor Ivanowitch character,
                  but you also have said that you never got to imitate polish people in similar
                  way.... I guess you value Russian culture over Polish.... Got you! I think
                  Polish governement suppose to exile you to Siberia for siding with Russkies,
                  just kidding smile

> once in Duesseldorf, when I told a Pole we had met that after living so many
                  > years in his country, and him so many years in Germany, I was probably more
                  > Polish than he was now. At which point he flared up and said he was born
                  > there, and that's what counts.

I'm not suprised of his reaction, most Poles would take it as an insult. It is
                  due to Polish national pride...believe it or not smile

> It seemed like a spatial version of astrology to me. But there you go. He had
                  > no intention to go there, he's never paid a penny's tax there, he only knows
                  > the language because of his parents, but he was born there. I don't know what
                  > you can do with thickos like that except agree with them. So I agreed that on
                  > the face of it he was more Polish than me after all.

But would you take it lightly if I said to you; "Davie, you don't know squad
                  about life in Great Britain, therefore you should follow my advice in
                  everything Britain related"....? Do you feel offended yet? smile

• usenetposts Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 27.12.06, 15:22
                    waldek1610 napisał:

> usenetposts napisał:
                    >
                    > > The Ukraine is a country that needs to get its act together. They need pe
                    > ople
                    > > like Straw, who has a reasonable degree of integrity. However, people of
                    > > integrity are not lasting five minutes in that system, and I am just
                    > > wondering how this Polish-Ukrainian partnership over the football is goin
                    > g to
                    > > work out. I fear a fiasco for Poland due to the difficulty in co-operatin
                    > g
                    > > with ex-Soviet mentalities.
                    >
                    > Sure, but ex-soviets propably think that integrity is bad characteristic,
                    which
                    >
                    > is not going to get you anywhere...in post soviet republic. I somehow believe
                    > that Euro football Championship in Poland-Ukraine going to happen...I hold my
                    > thumbs.

If it does it will be because the Poles do all the work and the Polish
                    taxpayer, such as yours truly, does all the paying.

>
                    > > I always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
                    >
                    > hmmm, considering you imitate Russians with your Victor Ivanowitch character,
                    > but you also have said that you never got to imitate polish people in similar
                    > way.... I guess you value Russian culture over Polish.... Got you!

Well, in many ways I do, but I still prefer living in Poland. But nobody is
                    going to tell me that Sienkiewicz ranks alongside Tolstoy or Moniuszko
                    alongside Tchaikovsky.

> I think
                    > Polish governement suppose to exile you to Siberia for siding with Russkies,
                    > just kidding smile

It's not a question of siding with them. When I learned Russian it was
                    communism and it was a question of "understand your enemy". If I were thirteen
                    years of age today, and not during the cold war, I would probably have an
                    Arabic primer tucked in the cover of my maths text book, instead of the Russian
                    one I had, which, when my teacher discovered it he found quite insulting that I
                    should prefer teaching myself Russian in his maths class than learning maths.

Had I known then that I was destined to be a due diligence reporting
                    accountant, I would have paid more attention to Old Gouldy, but I thought I was
                    going to be a spy. (Some might say "same difference, just in the private
                    sector").

> > once in Duesseldorf, when I told a Pole we had met that after living so m
                    > any
                    > > years in his country, and him so many years in Germany, I was probably mo
                    > re
                    > > Polish than he was now. At which point he flared up and said he was born
                    > > there, and that's what counts.
                    >
                    >
                    > I'm not suprised of his reaction, most Poles would take it as an insult. It
                    is
                    > due to Polish national pride...believe it or not smile

But his national pride apparently didn't lead him to want to go back there.

> > It seemed like a spatial version of astrology to me. But there you go. He
                    > had
                    > > no intention to go there, he's never paid a penny's tax there, he only kn
                    > ows
                    > > the language because of his parents, but he was born there. I don't know
                    > what
                    > > you can do with thickos like that except agree with them. So I agreed tha
                    > t on
                    > > the face of it he was more Polish than me after all.
                    >
                    > But would you take it lightly if I said to you; "Davie, you don't know squad
                    > about life in Great Britain, therefore you should follow my advice in
                    > everything Britain related"....? Do you feel offended yet? smile

If instead of the US you actually lived in my country, and paid taxes there, I
                    would have to accept the fact that in many ways you would become more British
                    than I am.

In the end, the only thing that really gives national identity is one's
                    consciousness of it, and identification with it and binding that identity into
                    one's character. Therefore humans can choose what they are going to be, and if
                    they are consistent with their choice, then society will generally let them be
                    what they have chosen.

Not that long ago, there were no nations. There were various principalities and
                    city states, and yet the human being, speaking both in terms of his biology and
                    his chief psychological drivers, is identical today to what he was then. Only
                    certain game rules have changed, and are still changing - now more than ever.

Now more than ever you can design your own self, and even redesign it if you
                    get tired of it. Not only in the virtual world, but even in the physical world
                    there are unprecedented opportunities to follow the words of George Eliot - a
                    female writer who modelled herself as a man in order to get acepted as a
                    novelist, and thus aptly illustrates the truth of the words: "it's never to
                    late to become the person you might have been".

If I wanted to be a typical Englishman living in England, I could easily go
                    back there, but that's not what the people who founded the country YOU live in
                    did and that's not what I'm gonna do either. If England started to have a civil
                    war against the loony left, I would go back and fight, but I can't see that
                    happening, and so the loony left will simply be allowed to take over and the
                    whole place will go down the tubes sometime in the next 200 years and become
                    the drug-taking, islamo-fascist cow-towing, sentimentalist-liberal, new-age,
                    nanny-state, big-brother, welfare-dependant, rule-of-lawyer-instead-of-rule-of-
                    law, ridiculously overpriced, white-male-hating, arrogance-in-the-midst-of-
                    utter-fiasco purgatory it is shaping up to be.

I wish my country wouldn't do that, but it will, and so I have to get my
                    bloodline out and find a better place for them, hence we are here. At least for
                    the time being. But I will not be Polish. I am a European citizen taking
                    advantages of the European roaming rights I am told I have under the Treaty of
                    Roam. Wherever I lay my chata, that's my home.
                    • waldek1610 Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 29.12.06, 07:54
                      usenetposts napisał:

> If it does it will be because the Poles do all the work and the Polish
                      > taxpayer, such as yours truly, does all the paying.

Well, you choose to live in Poland, therefor you have to pay Polish
                      taxes...just like I have choosed to live in US....

> Well, in many ways I do, but I still prefer living in Poland. But nobody is
                      > going to tell me that Sienkiewicz ranks alongside Tolstoy or Moniuszko
                      > alongside Tchaikovsky.

...Sure, English speaking countries always set up all rankings so the
                      Shakespeare is always number one, followed by other writers imperial writers
                      and Poets. Did it ever apeared to you that so called classic, world class
                      writers and poets all come from different Empires;

Plato, Socrates & Cicero - (Greek) Hellenic Empire
                      Shakespeare, Locke- British Empire
                      Hemingway- USA Imperial Power
                      Toystoy, Pushkin, Tchaikowski- Russian Empire

Those rankings are writen by Western ingorance rather then being true
                      reflection of the actual worth based on they actuall virtue and valor.

> If I wanted to be a typical Englishman living in England, I could easily go
                      > back there, but that's not what the people who founded the country YOU live
                      > in did and that's not what I'm gonna do either. If England started to have a
                      > civil war against the loony left, I would go back and fight, but I can't see
                      > that happening, and so the loony left will simply be allowed to take over and
                      > the whole place will go down the tubes sometime in the next 200 years and
                      > become the drug-taking, islamo-fascist cow-towing, sentimentalist-liberal,
                      > new-age, nanny-state, big-brother, welfare-dependant, rule-of-lawyer-instead-
                      > of-rule-of-law, ridiculously overpriced, white-male-hating, arrogance-in-the-
                      > midst-of-utter-fiasco purgatory it is shaping up to be.
                      >
                      > I wish my country wouldn't do that, but it will, and so I have to get my
                      > bloodline out and find a better place for them, hence we are here. At least
                      > for the time being. But I will not be Polish. I am a European citizen taking
                      > advantages of the European roaming rights I am told I have under the Treaty
                      > of Roam. Wherever I lay my chata, that's my home.

Are you sure? If you continue to live in Poland for another decade you will
                      finally realise that you have nothing in England to come back to, especially
                      your wife and son, who will be more Polish then English, and if Poland is not
                      going to discontinue military draft, your son is going to serve in Wojsko
                      Polskie... smile

• usenetposts Re: why do you talk about Brit stuff all the time 29.12.06, 10:53
                        waldek1610 napisał:

> usenetposts napisał:
                        >
                        > > If it does it will be because the Poles do all the work and the Polish
                        > > taxpayer, such as yours truly, does all the paying.
                        >
                        >
                        > Well, you choose to live in Poland, therefor you have to pay Polish
                        > taxes...just like I have choosed to live in US....

Chosen. Sure, but none of us have chosen to foot the bill for the Ukrainians
                        share of theb work, and I am just saying I will not be surprised if that
                        happens.

>
                        > > Well, in many ways I do, but I still prefer living in Poland. But nobody
                        > is
                        > > going to tell me that Sienkiewicz ranks alongside Tolstoy or Moniuszko
                        > > alongside Tchaikovsky.
                        >
                        >
                        > ...Sure, English speaking countries always set up all rankings so the
                        > Shakespeare is always number one, followed by other writers imperial writers
                        > and Poets. Did it ever apeared to you that so called classic, world class
                        > writers and poets all come from different Empires;
                        >
                        > Plato, Socrates & Cicero - (Greek) Hellenic Empire
                        > Shakespeare, Locke- British Empire
                        > Hemingway- USA Imperial Power
                        > Toystoy, Pushkin, Tchaikowski- Russian Empire

So what about Dante, Petrarch and Bocaccio?

> Those rankings are writen by Western ingorance rather then being true
                        > reflection of the actual worth based on they actuall virtue and valor.

On the contrary I think that they are certainly based on merit, at least these
                        days.

Why is Sienkiewicz worth placing on a level with Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky? Why is
                        Szymborska worth placing next to Pushkin on a bookshelf? What makes these works
                        great art on a par with the classics?

> > If I wanted to be a typical Englishman living in England, I could easily
                        > go
                        > > back there, but that's not what the people who founded the country YOU li
                        > ve
                        > > in did and that's not what I'm gonna do either. If England started to hav
                        > e a
                        > > civil war against the loony left, I would go back and fight, but I can't
                        > see
                        > > that happening, and so the loony left will simply be allowed to take over
                        > and
                        > > the whole place will go down the tubes sometime in the next 200 years and
                        >
                        > > become the drug-taking, islamo-fascist cow-towing, sentimentalist-liberal
                        > ,
                        > > new-age, nanny-state, big-brother, welfare-dependant, rule-of-lawyer-inst
                        > ead-
                        > > of-rule-of-law, ridiculously overpriced, white-male-hating, arrogance-in-
                        > the-
                        > > midst-of-utter-fiasco purgatory it is shaping up to be.
                        > >
                        > > I wish my country wouldn't do that, but it will, and so I have to get my
                        > > bloodline out and find a better place for them, hence we are here. At lea
                        > st
                        > > for the time being. But I will not be Polish. I am a European citizen tak
                        > ing
                        > > advantages of the European roaming rights I am told I have under the Trea
                        > ty
                        > > of Roam. Wherever I lay my chata, that's my home.
                        >
                        > Are you sure? If you continue to live in Poland for another decade you will
                        > finally realise that you have nothing in England to come back to, especially
                        > your wife and son, who will be more Polish then English, and if Poland is not
                        > going to discontinue military draft, your son is going to serve in Wojsko
                        > Polskie... smile

I don't think that actually works on the basis of residency. You cannot be
                        drafted as a non-national. Very few people who go through higher education
                        actually do that military time, by the way. Poland seems to know well enough
                        that it needs an elite and needs for the elite not to go into battle.

That having been said, if there is a just war, sometimes men simply have to go
                        and fight, draft or no draft.

Popularne wątki

Nie pamiętasz hasła

lub ?

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się

Nakarm Pajacyka