Dodaj do ulubionych

@ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @

02.10.03, 15:18
You can write everything here, but it needs to be in English! Threads with
topics in Polish will be ignored.

Można tu pisać wszystko, ale po angielsku! Wątki z polskimi tematami będą
ignorowane.
Obserwuj wątek
    • Gość: Regularguy Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ IP: *.proxy.aol.com 02.10.03, 20:05
      You contradict yourself; just because you know Russian and started another
      forum in that language(wonderful!), does not mean that you should polute this
      forum with advertising your tremendus (Russian) achievement. Either, let it be
      Engish only withot any Russian input, or if you want to point out what YOU have
      done and keep Russian link, let it be free expression for all, and not just for
      you.
      Have you ever thought of going into (Polish) politics?
      • el_presidente666 Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ 02.10.03, 20:38
        It's not an advertisement, it's a signature.

It's hilarious that you are accusing me of polluting the forum this way. Either
        you don't know the custom that is common here or you are trying to be picky at
        all costs.

Most people here happen to participate in various discussions and it's obvious
        that nobody is going to be changing his/her signature on each forum. This is not
        the point.

Again, it's not as if I came here and said - let's talk e.g. Afrikaans. This
        forum has been called English only since it was created by the owners of this
        portal. When I started reading it few months ago, there were only a few Polish
        posts on the board, so it wasn't a problem. But now it's 60% in Polish.
    • mitrop Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ 02.10.03, 21:54
      El presidente, I agree with what you have said in this thread so far.
      I'm sure I'm gonna get ripped to shreds over this by all those who protect
      their "freedoms" but...

People, let me remind you:

"Discussions, debates and conversations - all topics of conversation are
      welcome as long as they are in English :-)"

You can see the above text when you enter this forum. If you don't like it,
      there are hundreds of other forums to choose from. If you decide to
      participate, follow the rules which were given by whoever created this forum
      (presumably by its owner - gazeta.pl).

As for the "freedom of speech": Sure, you can say here whatever you want as
      long as it is in English ;). Either we all agree to use this forum
      appropriately, following the rules, or it will fall into chaos.

As always, whenever Poles debate, there are lots of argumetns and viewpoints
      but little respect for basic principles. When one person asks others to obey
      those guidelines he is labelled a "dictator". Sad, but it seems that such
      places as this cannot work without a *moderator*.

mitrop

"Każdy sobie pan w naszej Rzeczypospolitej, kto jeno ma szablę w garści i lada
      jaką partię zebrać potrafi. Co mi czynią? kogo ja się tu boję?" - H.
      Sienkiewicz "Potop"
      • el_presidente666 Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ 02.10.03, 22:35
        Yes, Mitrop, you're absolutely right - this is a great example that Poles like
        to act against the rules. There's just one English forum at Gazeta.pl and nearly
        all the other forums are Polish, but this is the place where people come to
        speak Polish.

People, if you have questions about English - ask them in English! (or at least
        try to). This is how you learn. You won't learn English if you use Polish all
        the time.
          • Gość: awalk Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ IP: *.warszawa.sdi.tpnet.pl 03.10.03, 08:53
            Right at the top of this page there is this sentence, it reads: "Discussions, debates and conversations - all topics of conversation are welcome as long as they are in English :-)" Perhaps we should translate it into Polish: Dyskusje, debaty i rozmowy - na wszystkie tematy sa mile widziane pod warunkiem, ze sa prowadzone po angielsku. Perhaps we should ask the administrator of this forum to add this translation under the English one, because it seems most people don't understand. On the other hand perhaps it is a waste of time. Consider this: I saw many posts here relating to CAE or CPE exams, to my amazement they were in Polish. Candidates, graduates and even English teachers shared ther opinions and gave their advice in Polish. A lot of people here are clearly not comfortable with English and therefore they use Polish. Others use this place to cheat in their homework or get some things translated. I am afraid it is a no win situation.
            • radiohed Re: @ WE DON'T SPEAK POLISH HERE @ 03.10.03, 20:14
              I agree. this forum has begun to stink recently. Too many posts in Polish and
              too many cheap plugs for dodgy business enterprises.

Gość portalu: awalk napisał(a):

> Right at the top of this page there is this sentence, it reads: "Discussions,
              d
              > ebates and conversations - all topics of conversation are welcome as long as
              th
              > ey are in English :-)" Perhaps we should translate it into Polish: Dyskusje,
              de
              > baty i rozmowy - na wszystkie tematy sa mile widziane pod warunkiem, ze sa
              pro
              > wadzone po angielsku. Perhaps we should ask the administrator of this forum
              to
              > add this translation under the English one, because it seems most people
              don't
              > understand. On the other hand perhaps it is a waste of time. Consider this: I
              s
              > aw many posts here relating to CAE or CPE exams, to my amazement they were in
              P
              > olish. Candidates, graduates and even English teachers shared ther opinions
              and
              > gave their advice in Polish. A lot of people here are clearly not
              comfortable
              > with English and therefore they use Polish. Others use this place to cheat in
              t
              > heir homework or get some things translated. I am afraid it is a no win
              situati
              > on.
Inne wątki na temat:

Nie pamiętasz hasła

lub ?

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się

Nakarm Pajacyka